Re-Registering as a member after more than three years
This section applies to you if:
- You would like to register more than three years after the date on which you were eligible for a license from OPPQ
- It has been more than three years since you were listed on the membership roll
- You would like to resume practicing the profession and have not practiced in more than three years, despite being listed on the membership roll
You must provide the following documents:
- A cover letter stating your intent and motivation
- An updated résumé
- A copy of a license to practice the profession from outside Quebec, if any
- A letter of good standing from the regulatory authority that issued the license to practice, if any
- A certified copy of all relevant degrees or diplomas
- Attestation of relevant work, if any
- Attestation of all skills maintenance activities completed during this period
- File review fee ($402.41 including tax)
The complete file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee as per the Regulation (in French).
After the file has been reviewed, the Admissions Committee will make a recommendation to the Executive Committee (EC). When they deem it necessary for the public’s protection, the EC will require a candidate to successfully complete an internship or upgrade course at their own cost in order to re-enter the profession.
For more information, consult the re-registration guide (in French).