Processes presented on this page apply to candidates who wish to re-register with the OPPQ.
The process varies depending on the length of time during which the candidate was not registered at the OPPQ.
Re-registering as a member after less than 3 years
Candidates who have been deregistered from the OPPQ for less than 3 years and wish to re-register are invited to contact Admissions Services at email@example.com to obtain a reregistration form and find out what fees they need to pay.
Re-registering as a member after more than 3 years
This section applies to candidates in the following situations:
- You would like to register more than 3 years after the date on which you were eligible for a licence from OPPQ
- It has been more than 3 years since you were listed on the membership roll
- You would like to resume practice after not having practised physiotherapy for over 3 years (while remaining a member of the OPPQ)
Following the assessment of your application, refresher training (courses and/or internships) may be required.
For more information on the protection of trainees in the workplace:
- Summary on the protection of trainees (in French)
- Leaflet on the Act to ensure the protection of trainees in the workplace (in French)
Documents to provide
- A cover letter stating your intent and motivation (please include your date of birth)
- An updated résumé
- A copy of a licence to practise the profession from outside Quebec, if any
- A letter of good standing from the regulatory authority that issued the licence to practise, if any
- A certified copy of all relevant degrees or diplomas
- An attestation of relevant work, if any
- An attestation for any activities taken to maintain your competencies during this time, if any
Once your documents are received, Admissions Services will contact you for payment of the $402.41 file review fee.
Submitting your application
Submit your application by sending it to Admissions Services:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mailing it to:
Service de l’admission
Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec
7151, rue Jean-Talon Est, bureau 700
Anjou (Québec) H1M 3N8
Scheduling an appointment
Candidates can meet with OPPQ by appointment only.
To schedule a phone or a virtual appointment, please write to email@example.com.