Processes presented on this page apply to candidates who wish to re-register with the OPPQ.
The process varies depending on the length of time during which the candidate was not registered at the OPPQ.
Re-registering as a member after less than 3 years
Candidates who have been deregistered from the OPPQ for less than 3 years and wish to re-register are invited to contact Admissions Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a reregistration form and find out what fees they need to pay.
Re-registering as a member after more than 3 years
This section applies to candidates in the following situations:
- You would like to register more than 3 years after the date on which you were eligible for a licence from OPPQ
- It has been more than 3 years since you were listed on the membership roll
- You would like to resume practice after not having practised physiotherapy for over 3 years (while remaining a member of the OPPQ)
Following the assessment of your application, refresher training (courses and/or internships) may be required. A competency assessment may be necessary to determine which courses or internships are required. For more info on competency assessments (in French)
For more information on the protection of trainees in the workplace:
- Summary on the protection of trainees (in French)
- Leaflet on the Act to ensure the protection of trainees in the workplace (in French)
- Before and After the Internship – Web Page of the CNESST (in French)
Documents to provide
- A cover letter stating your intent and motivation
– Include your date of birth
– Indicate if you held a certificate from the OPPQ authorizing you to practice a professional activity (e.g., prescribing x-rays, spinal and joint manipulations) at the time you ceased practicing the profession.
– Indicate if you wish to resume the professional activity for which you held this certificate.
- An updated résumé
- A copy of a licence to practise the profession from outside Quebec, if any
- A letter of good standing from the regulatory authority that issued the licence to practise, if any
- A certified copy of all relevant degrees or diplomas
- An attestation of relevant work, if any
- An attestation for any activities taken to maintain your competencies during this time, if any
Once your documents are received, Admissions Services will contact you for payment of the $402.41 file review fee, depending on the case.
Submitting your application
Submit your application by sending it to Admissions Services:
- by email at email@example.com
- by mailing it to:
Service de l’admission
Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec
7151, rue Jean-Talon Est, bureau 700
Anjou (Québec) H1M 3N8
Scheduling an appointment
Candidates can meet with OPPQ by appointment only.
To schedule a phone or a virtual appointment, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.