Obtaining a license
You must obtain a license before you can become a member of OPPQ. A license demonstrates that you have fulfilled the basic requirements to practice as a physiotherapist or physical rehabilitation therapist in Quebec.
OPPQ-licensed practitioners must register on the membership roll annually to be able to use these titles or practice the profession. The membership roll is a list of all OPPQ members in good standing. Applicants must fill out a registration application form and submit it with the registration fee. The registration year starts on April 1 and ends on March 31.
There are three ways to obtain a license:
- You must hold a degree that is recognized by the government and entitles you to obtain a license from OPPQ (art. 1.14 or 2.12).
- You must have been approved for diploma and training equivalency as set forth in the Regulation respecting the standards for equivalence of diplomas and training for the issue of a physiotherapist’s permit or a physical rehabilitation therapist’s permit.
- You must be legally authorized to practice the physiotherapy profession outside Quebec as set forth in a regulation.
Candidates must also:
- Pay any and all registration and application review fees
- prove, where applicable, their knowledge of the French language, in accordance with the provisions of the Charter of the French language
To apply for a license: